Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer FUN!

Well Hello! This is my FIRST Blog Post EVER!!! I'm sure as I do this I'll learn ... although I've been singing and performing for 10 years ... I'm still learning new things about this business ... that's what makes life so darned great! So here goes .. my first blog:

Well, I would have to say that this is the best Music with Marnie Summer I've had in a long while! Last year (2008) found me in India which was absolutely incredible but ... no shows were done in the Himalayan Mountains or along the Ganges. The year before, I was moving to California and two band members were out of town for most of the summer, so gigs weren't of highest priority BUT this summer ~ Wow! It's been Great!

I have not taught Music with Marnie Classes for over two years but decided to teach a few special classes this summer and I must say, there's something really special about the intimacy of a class compared to the energy of a show. I think I always have a knack for connecting with children, be it a crowd of 1000 kids or 10 kids, connecting with the little ones is no problem BUT in the classroom setting you most definitely get to know your group more! Each day for three days I had about 80 children, by the third day we all knew each other so well. Daily I would come home and tell my husband stories about all the children I met, it truly was a lovely experience!

I will be sure to scan and post some of the lovely artwork I received. (BTW ~ With this being my FIRST Blog EVER ... I'm hoping that I can scan and post pictures at a later date ... we shall see! )

It's been awhile since I've done solo shows as well! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE playing with the Music with Marnie Band as I think I'm blessed to have a handful of incredibly talented musicians who add such zest and talent to the Music with Marnie show. This summer was different, as it found me on stages such as the Golden Spike Days in Port Moody and Canada Day in Surrey singing without the fabulous backing of the Music with Marnie Band! Although the band was not there in person the energy and enthusiasm of the crowd was there and the joy and presence I feel during a performance was there with the same intensity that I have with the band - So that was good!

August 9th found us all in Penticton performing at Peachfest! What a treat it was to get out to the beautiful and breezy town of Penticton! It was great to spend time with the band we're like family and always have a lot of fun and laughs together. There were other great visitors as well ~ three wonderful families came from Vancouver to Penticton to see the show, it's always lovely to look into the crowd and see familiar faces that's for sure. After 10 years of performing I still have to pinch myself sometimes ~ I'm truly blessed to do what I do.

Asides from concerts and classes I must say I've been loving Vancouver! What a city! Not only are we surrounded with beauty but we are graced with an abundance of adventures from swimming, hiking and biking to parks and beaches! I love Vancouver!

Our next show will be in the lovely town of Mission, just 1 hour outside of Vancouver! Hope to see you there! SEPT 12TH at 11:30 a.m. - Get Your Info HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment