Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy to Be HOME!

It's been a few years of traveling back and forth between LA and Vancouver --- topped with almost 5 months in India! I have to say, that the last 2.5 years have been an incredible journey, and I cannot deny that living in the warmth of California is definitely great ... BUT ... of anywhere I have been, I realized that Vancouver is the best city of all!

Linda Solomon of the Vancouver Observer, saw a facebook post I made, where I was raving of my love of walks and hikes in the many trails of Vancouver, and asked me to write a story. When you have a chance feel free to check it out: 8 Beautiful Hikes in One of the World's Most Beautiful Cities


INDIA!
NEVER have I been to a place that has taught me so much about life. Wherever you go, there is a consistent order in the chaos. In the cities, traffic is like I have never seen before. Driving the wrong way down a one way street occurs every few minutes, on every one way street. Three to four rows of cars on a two lane freeway is just as common. Honking in India is very common too, but not because people are angry, but just to let you know they're going to pass you. In fact, India is the only place in the world that I'm aware of, that has the words "Please Honk" written on the back of about 90% of their trucks. Amazingly, amidst all the craziness, things seem to flow so beautifully in India! I believe there's probably less traffic accidents there because the people are more relaxed and the rules are more relaxed. Cars flow in and out quite gracefully through the chaos. People are asleep or awake, at all different hours of the day and overall the people I met seem to live from a very relaxed and easy-going 'space' - a true peace or calmness amongst the wildness! Yes, India is quite a country - I truly think that everyone should experience it just once before they die, or as they would say in India 'before they leave the body.'

Soooo.... I'm back in Vancouver! Yay! And if you read the article I wrote for the Observer, you'll see how much I'm enjoying it!

We're back in our home again and well ... we're selling it. We're getting it freshened up and ready for viewing in the next couple of weeks. We spent 5 years renovating our old character house and then rented it out for the last two years as we traveled and well... if it sells - someone will be getting a beautiful home and if it doesn't ... then we have a great place to live!

I'm delighted to announce that I will be teaching Music with Marnie Summer Camps again. They're listed on my site www.MusicwithMarnie.com under Upcoming Shows.

Music with Marnie Concerts are in the works and videos are still being edited and added to my site too, so 'life' is back to 'normal' and things seem to be flowing nicely - kind of like the traffic in India!

All in all, it was great to be away BUT it's even great'ER to be home!

I can't wait to see you all really soon! If you have any stories or experiences to share about your travels or recent happening's, please share them on my blog! I'm sure others would love to hear about your fun experiences just as much as I would!

Okay, I must sign off now ... back to painting, gardening and ughhhh ... TAXES .... back to life... back to reality!

Take care and see you soon (yay)!

xx/Marnie

Photo Above is some cows on the beach in Goa! Every day on every beach we saw at least one cow, and one evening we even saw a bull and a cow in a restaurant .... I tell ya, India is amazing! I could write so much more... but I'll give you a break ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment